Friday 19 September 2014

Love without Tongues- a poem

Take me by the hand
Your eyeballs remind me of those days with the high school band;

All it required, all it took, gave I
Yet he slipped away before my very eye;

For years my cheeks played host to tears
Sobbing daily, I drown in the grip of fears;

Tomorrow seemed so far, never to come
Day and night, this mystery I tried to plumb;

Never for once, a tête-à-tête had we
Yet for him, my heart longed in wee;

My fantasy, into a nightmare grew
In my dreams, my mind he always blew;

For his audience I daily crave
To spill out the words, yet was I not brave;

Here I stood
At his figure afar off I look;

His gaze, on a blonde fell
While my feelings, in cage, way deep dwell;

In love with, have I fallen
My heart now a harbour for great burden;

Home had always been my place of refuge
Keeping him out of sight for a period so huge;

On a day, all that faded away
Next to our home, his family moved in to stay;

Having been in a situation of this sort
You understand the gravity of my heavy thought;

Take me by the hand and make this pain go
Hitherto my love life has been a fairy show;

Watch my lips and understand what they mutter
Feel the beat of my heart and know all its desire;

Place your lips on my ear and find the right words to spill
Let them go deep in me and put my soul in a longing drill;

Touch my skin and give my spine great shivers
All night long have I trembled in great quivers;

Look me in the eye and find where my pains lie
So through you sorrows bid I goodbye!

By Akhimien Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thought about this post.

DISCLAIMER:

Comments are the sole opinions of readers, and do not in any way reflect the views of Sapphiretalks